China limiting online gaming time

DaSim

It's a bit too restrictive for my taste, but then we don't know exactly how video game addiction affect young people in China so there must be a good reason for them implementing this. Although I am not a parent, I think it all comes down to proper parenting. I know kids who play video games more than 4 hours every day and still excel in school and other aspects of their lives.

At the very least, it's a case-to-case basis.

• Like 2

I guess this is not the first time they approved measures to restrict this. But for me its still all up to them since millions of Chinese minors become addicted to playing hours of online games, and I guess its for the better so it will protect the physical and mental health for the kids too.

On 9/7/2021 at 6:08 PM, _Rahim_ said:

It's a bit too restrictive for my taste, but then we don't know exactly how video game addiction affect young people in China so there must be a good reason for them implementing this. Although I am not a parent, I think it all comes down to proper parenting. I know kids who play video games more than 4 hours every day and still excel in school and other aspects of their lives.

At the very least, it's a case-to-case basis.

Yeah, I completly agree with you. Limiting it for every kid (below 18?) regardless of how susceptible it is regarding online games is in my opinion too restricting. Every parent should be able to set boundaries for their own child, not the goverment.

• 1 year later...